Wednesday, January 28, 2009

possible future SAHM?

SAHM: Stay at home mom. Well, it may be a reality sooner than later, although possibly only temporarily. Due to budget cuts (as previously blogged) I may not have a job to return to after maternity leave. I hope I do, I am even willing to take a cut in pay to keep the benefits and ability to pay our bills and save money for future. Dear hubby and I have talked about all the different scenarios, now it is just a waiting game. We are supposed to know absolutely by June, when the next biennial budget begins. May know sooner, depending on what is approved by the state legislature. If I have no work, I told dear hubby he will need to get a summer job, which he was not too happy about. I would stay home... with 2 kids. Actually, while it would be adjustment, they would be my children and probably not nearly as challenging as some of the cases I have had. But, it would be a big change and difficult financially. I know there are many, many more people in truely dire straits due to the crappy economy, so I know that we can put it in perspective and cut out luxuries and a bunch of other unnecessary stuff. Now it is just the waiting game...

No comments: