Thursday, March 26, 2009

A rather busy week.

A lot has happened since my last post. Sunday morning, around 9:30, as I was getting off the couch to head out to do the grocery shopping, my water broke. This time was much less panic, and more "okay, Jonah is coming today." So, I was able to pack stuff and make calls, we had to wait for Lance's mom to come and get Jude to take to her house anyway. We got to the hospital around 10:30 and by 11:45 I was in the operating room and Jonah was born at 12:15 pm. He came out screaming and looked big. My doctor was not on call, and missed the delivery by "a couple hours" but I had the other doc in their practice that everyone loves and it went really well. Jonah's APGAR scores were 8 and 9 right off the bat, which was awesome! He spent a couple days in their special care nursery, but never had apnea or bradychardia, just some slightly lowered oxygen levels at times. He is little, but doing great. Such a different experience than last time. Way less anxiety, although this may be in part due to having some experience as parents this time around. Now we are working on getting him to breast feed, which will take some time. He is little and poops out pretty quickly.

No comments: